Friday, April 27, 2012

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

So the clan I am most excited for from the new set is Gold Paladins. I don't exactly know why, but for some reason I am drawn to paladins. While it remains to be seen if Gold Paladins will be high tier when they debut, they will definitely be a force to reckon with a little bit of support. I think Gold Paladins have a lot of neat cards. This article will only look at the promising Grade 3's. I may write another article or two to take a deeper look at the rest of the clan.



Obviously, the most anticipated grade 3 for the Gold Paladins is Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel. This guy is pretty amazing. By having four damage and counter-blasting two you get to flip the Gold Paladin off the top of your deck, call it to a rearguard spot, and boost Lion by that paladin's power. Whats great is that it only requires a counter-blast two. If you had been conserving your damage throughout the game you could pull this effect off twice, one turn after another. BUT WAIT! There's more! He has an effect very similar to King of Knights, Alfred. Lion gains 1K power for every rearguard you have. So with his starting 10K power and his effect which could reveal anything from 4K-10K power, and, assuming you have all five rearguards after using Lion's first effect, another 5K power. Don't forget, you can also place a booster behind this guy. Lion can easily reach over 25 and 30K power, hitting those high magic numbers.



Great Silver Wolf, Garmore is another interesting grade 3 Gold Paladins have at their disposal. With four damage this card gains 5K power when it attacks your opponent's vanguard. Basically, you have a vanguard that starts off at 15K. With a booster he easily gets over 20K power. When you play wolf as your vanguard, you can also counter-blast two in order to search and call a grade 2 from your deck. This can be handy when you are having trouble setting up your field, it may be wise to hold off and save your counter-blasts for Lion. While hitting 20K consistently is great, and developing your field is key - you will probably only leave this guy as your vanguard until you can get to your Lions. 



Gigantech crusher is a grade 3 that I think is kind of neat, but I doubt it will be played. When you have four or more rearguards this guy gives himself a 10K power boost. Then with just a 5K booster behind him, he his hitting 25K with out breaking a sweat. This guy would be great if his effect worked when he was a rearguard, but sadly he has to be you vanguard. Frankly, we have better options. Well, I take that back. Wolf is only better because he gives you the option to call a grade 2 when you are in a bind and I guess he doesn't rely on having a completely developed field. I think the supporting grade 3 everyone will use is Battlefield Storm, Sagramore. I am not going to discuss this guy any further seeing as how he is just a Bors for the Gold Paladins. 

Sorry to simply post up another article about the upcoming set. I had to quickly come up with something and just do it. I am hoping I'll be able to get a little more creative once this semester ends (for me that is May 9th). So until next time, keep playing that vanguard!


1 comment:

  1. You should make some more posts! I enjoyed reading these. Do you still currently play vanguard?

    I run Granblue and Kagero. Building a Murakumo deck to play around with and my sister actually plays neo nectar.

    ReplyDelete